West Coast Fit is exercise with purpose, with passion and with results
Hello, I’m Karis, the head trainer and owner here at West Coast Fit. I’ve been in the fitness industry since 2010. Starting as a Les Mills Group Fitness Instructor, standing on stage with a microphone shouting woohoos and yeahs. My passion for fitness led to personal training and several other qualifications along the way.
Whilst I have always had the philosophy that exercise should be fun and enjoyable, I believe there should be a purpose and reason behind every exercise that we do. I am a strong believer in staying up to date with the latest information and trends in the fitness industry. There will always be the latest exercise and diet fads that come and go, and if it gets people moving I’m all for it. But sometimes we have to do more than just move. We need to exercise to strengthen and to condition our bodies. Exercise improves your quality of life not just physically but mentally as well. However life gets busy, people are time poor and we find ourselves spending time doing more harm than good to ourselves and finding excuses.
For many it’s time and fear that can steer us away from exercises. I don’t have time, or I’m not fit enough to go to the gym. At West Coast Fit I offer mobile personal training and small group training in various locations in the south west and at the Donnybrook Recreation Centre.
- Fitness Australia Registered & Insured
- Certificate 3/4 in Fitness
- Kettlebells Level 1 & 2
- Suspension (TRX) Training – Level 1
- Group Exercise Leader
- Les Mills Certified – Body Pump & Grit
- Metafit Instructor
- T3 Trainer
- First Aid & CPR Certificate – Current
- Les Mills Body Pump Certified and Aim 1
- Les Mills Grit Trained and Aim 1
- Level 1 & 2 Boxing for Fitness
- Kettlebells – Level 1 & 2
- Pre & Post Natal Exercise
- Nutrition for Female Fat Loss
- Working with Children Check
- Police Clearance
- Running for Success